Start a New Club
INTERESTED IN STARTING A NEW CLUB? IT’S EASY! HERE’S WHAT YOU NEED TO DO
- To start a new club, first look through the Club Directory to make sure there isn’t already a similar club in existence!
- Submit a New Club Proposal here: http://go.sfss.ca/clubs/proposal. You’ll need to include information such as Club Name, Club Mandate, Semester Vision, Proposed Activities, and indicate if there are any connections to third parties, and if your club is affiliated with any SFU courses.
- After you submit your club proposal, please complete this Canvas course: https://canvas.sfu.ca/enroll/999EA3. The student who submits the club proposal must be the same student who completes the Canvas course. When you are done, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know the name of your proposed club, and that you have submitted the club proposal AND completed the Canvas course.
- The Club Coordinators will review your club proposal and Canvas course completion. If everything checks out, you’ll be emailed a link with a registration code that will then activate your club to “New” status. However, if there are any concerns, they might email you some follow up questions or set up an in-person meeting.
- Click on the registration link and enter in the information about club executives. All clubs must have a minimum of two executives. Here you’ll be able to select which authorities (roles) each executive will have.
- To become an active, “Approved” club, you will need to meet the 10 member minimum which includes your executives. It is not enough to just add in the members. They also need to confirm their membership through a link sent to them in their email in order for it to count.