Funding & Grants
Funding for SFSS Clubs
- Grant requests MUST be typed. Handwritten submissions will not be processed.
- Club executives with fund/facilities roles can apply for a grant online through the club portal
- For requests under grants under $500 must be submitted 10 CALENDAR DAYS in advance.
- For requests of equests of $500 and over must be submitted 20 CALENDAR DAYS in advance. NOTE: the larger grant requests go to the Financial and Administrative Services Committee (FASC), which will decide on the grant. You are welcome to attend the meeting and speak to your request.
- Bear in mind that a grant may only be awarded in part. It helps to have other revenue sources to offset event costs, such as sponsorship, entrance fees, or charging for food/beverages, etc.
Funding is available to help make events more accessible to students with disabilities.
The Simon Fraser Student Society Accessibility Fund began in 2005. Students with disabilities and any event organizer can use this fund to increase accessibility and remove barriers to participation in Student Socity activities for students with disabilities.
"SFSS activites" mean any meetings and events organized by Departmental Student Unions, SFSS Clubs, or the SFSS.
Contact the SFSS for more information.