Please be aware that the FAQs will be updated closer to the festival for more detailed information such as prohibited items and other subjects. Have questions that aren’t answered below? Email VP Student Life, Jessica Nguyen, at email@example.com.
WHEN AND WHERE IS FALL KICKOFF 2019?
Fall Kickoff 2019 will be located on Simon Fraser University (SFU) Burnaby Campus at Strand Hall Parking Lot.
HOW DO I GET TO THE FESTIVAL?
Strand Hall is located directly by the Upper Translink Bus Loop, and a short walk from Univercity. TransLink encourages people to use a Compass Card or pre-purchase their return tickets on the day they intend to travel, which can be done at any Compass Vending Machine. For further transit information, please contact Translink at 604-953-3333 or click on Trip Planner at www.translink.ca.
WHERE CAN I PARK?
Parking near Strand Hall is limited. Taking transit to the event is highly recommended. In addition to transit, utilizing carpools, or bicycles to attend the event is also encouraged.
There are limited parking spaces available in various parking lots along SFU Burnaby Campus. Students who leave their car overnight will have a grace period until 10:30AM Sept 21, 2019.
WHAT IS THE MINIMUM AGE TO ATTEND?
There are no age limit for SFU students with valid a valid SFU student identification card. For non-SFU and the general public, this event will be 19+.
ARE THERE IN AND OUTS?
There are no in and outs during Fall Kickoff 2019. If you leave earlier than the closing time, you will not be able to re-enter.
ARE LOCKERS AVAILABLE ON SITE?
No, there will be no lockers available on site for Fall Kickoff attendees to use.
WHAT IS THE SEARCH POLICY?
All guests will be subject to search for prohibited and illicit items upon entry in the interest of public and patron safety.
IS THERE FOOD AND DRINKS AVAILABLE?
A variety of food and beverage options will be available on site. Outside food and beverages are not permitted on site, aside from one empty personal reusable bottle per person. There will be a free water station on site where guests will be able to fill their bottles. Information regarding food trucks on site will be released closer to the date.
WHAT ARE THE RULES FOR PURCHASING ALCOHOL ON SITE?
Alcoholic beverages can be purchased at designated beer garden area. Only 2 drinks can be served per person at one time. All customers wishing to purchase alcoholic beverages must first obtain a DAV (Drinking Age Verified) wristband from the entrance gate. DAV wristbands must be visibly worn by anyone consuming alcohol.
WHAT ARE MY PAYMENT OPTIONS ON SITE?
Cash and credit cards will be accepted forms of payment. All food trucks will accept cash, and some will accept debit and credit cards as well.
WHAT ARE THE ACCESSIBILITY SEATING OPTIONS?
A designated Accessible Seating Area for any patrons requiring wheelchair, ADA, or special seating consideration will be located on site. The Accessible Seating option is available to ticket holders using wheelchairs or crutches, or who have any other physical disabilities or injuries that will necessitate a seat for the show. Any ticket holder who has special seating requirements should email firstname.lastname@example.org with your ticket order confirmation number to request access to the Accessible Seating Area. This must be coordinated in advance of the event. If needed, there will be a designated staff member available on site to provide some assistance; however, Accessible Seating Patrons who require an attendant are encouraged to purchase a ticket for their attendant and include mention of them in the email. There will be 1 attendant permitted per Accessible Seating Patron in the designated seating area.
CAN I BRING A WATER BOTTLE INSIDE?
Each person is permitted to bring in one personal empty reusable bottle. Bags will be subject to search at the gate prior to entrance.
CAN I BRING SUNSCREEN INSIDE?
Yes, cream and gel sunscreen is allowed. NOTE: Aerosols (spray on) sunscreens are not permitted.
WHAT CAN I BRING TO SIT ON?
No lawn chairs of any design will be permitted on site; however, you may bring a blanket. No ‘in and out’ privileges are allowed for this event.
WHAT IS THE CAMERA POLICY?
Guests may use personal cameras and mobile phones to take photos inside the venue. Cameras with detachable lenses or a zoom 2 inches or greater will not be permitted on site. Professional video cameras or video recording devices are not permitted at the event. ONLY GO-PRO and similar style consumer-grade devices will be permitted on the site.
FOOD & DRINK
- You can bring one empty plastic water bottle into the event, no larger than one liter.
- You are allowed to bring personal amounts of prepackaged factory sealed food. We have a wide selection of food trailers and carts with a wide variety of food and drink available within the event grounds.
All bags will be subject to search when entering the event grounds; no alcohol or illicit drugs are permitted. The following items are not permitted onsite:
- Backpacks or large purses
- Outside alcohol
- Illicit drugs and/or illicit drug paraphernalia of any kind
- Portable or lawn chairs of any kind
- Pocket knives
- Weapons of any kind and/or items that can be used as weapons, including heavy wallet chains or large spikes
- Glass of any kind
- Hard shell coolers
- Megaphones or air horns
- Musical Instruments
- Laser pointers of any kind
- Markers, Pens or Spray Paint
- Sports equipment
- Skateboards, rollerblades, scooters, motorized vehicles, etc.
- Fireworks, sparklers, and/or firecrackers
- Animals (service animals allowed)
- Motorcycle or bike helmets
- Water guns
- Gas masks
- Gang or club clothing and/or gang or club support shirts.
- Tactical clothing or equipment
- Aerosol cans of any kind
- Professional still camera equipment (no detachable lenses, tripods, large zoom lenses, and/or commercial-use camera assemblies)
- Video and audio recording equipment of any kind
- Selfie Sticks or GoPro handles
- Any projectile and/or item that can be used as a projectile
- Framed or large backpacks (larger than 51cm x 38cm x 33cm)*
- Vicks Nasal Inhalers
- Totems (i.e.Tall Signs)
- Reasonable amount (1 per person) of beach balls and other reasonably-sized inflatables
- Small towels
- Small bags and fanny packs ONLY
- Personal amounts of food store purchased factory prepackaged foods (granola bars, protein bars, chips etc)
- Reasonable amounts of sunscreen (no aerosol bottles allowed)
- Plastic Refillable Drink Containers (must be empty) * must be less than one (1) litres