The U-Pass BC is a service provided to students by the Simon Fraser Student Society, SFU and TransLink, offering SFU students an universal transit pass across Metro Vancouver, charged per semester on your SFU fees.
As of May 19, all eligible SFU students will receive their TransLink Compass Card!
How To: Compass Card + U-Pass BC
FareDealers are also selling $0 stored value cards. Note: CVMs at the SkyTrain and SeaBus stations do not sell $0 stored value cards.
To use your card, follow these steps:
- Sign into the U-Pass BC website
- Select "Simon Fraser University" from the drop down menu
- Log in using your SFU computing ID
- Link your Compass Card: enter the 20-digits & CVN on the back of your Compass Card
- Request your U-Pass BC
Note that your Compass Card requires up to 24 hours to become validated, so keep that in mind. Once the card is loaded, you can tap-in and tap-out.
TIP: Request your Compass Card U-Pass BC validation a day before the end of the month.
If you have any questions go to Ask Compass.
- Carry your Student ID: your Compass Card U-Pass BC is only valid with your SFU student ID.
- Your Compass Card is reusable. You can hold onto yours and validate it each month, even after you graduate.
- Do not sell or lend your card. Compass Cards are non-transferrable.
- To tap-in and tap-out, follow these simple instructions.
- Replacing a lost card is easy: unlink your old card and link your replacement card.
- For questions, contact the SFU U-Pass BC office at email@example.com or 778-782-6930.
Find out more at the SFU's U-Pass BC site.