Student Union Resource Office
The Student Union Resource Office, located in MBC 2238 at SFU Burnaby, is a source of information, assistance, and support for Faculty Student Unions (FSUs), Departmental Student Unions (DSUs), and Constituency Groups (CGs).
Our services include helping coordinate projects, programs and other events that will benefit the membership. We also facilitate and promote involvement of members in all aspect of the society’s activities and events through their FSUs, DSUs, and CGs.
Services provided to FSUs, DSUs, and CGs include, but are not limited to:
Event and Project Planning
- Project support and advising, including liaising with external vendors and SFU
- Guide students in using SFSS services/process service requests, including catering order form and SFSS photo and video consent form
- Pub security sponsorship approval
- Review contracts, insurance waivers, indemnity and liability forms: sample event waiver, sample travel waiver, Event FAQ for Insurance assessment form
- Organize community events and outreach
- Promote FSU, DSU, and CG events and initiatives (see our Facebook page for information)
- Movie Screening Guidelines
- Cheque Requisition Form
- Honorarium Form
Training Materials and Resources
Executive and Council Training (one-on-one and groups)
Organize the creation of new student unions (please refer to bylaw 9 and 10 of the SFSS Constitution)
Conflict resolution and general advising
Funding and Budgets
Help students apply for SFU Student Engagement Fund
Maintain student union external banking account (including setup, signing authority changeover and monthly report).
Student union membership and account database
Grant proposal review and approval
SFSS Grant Program Final Report
Certification and References
- Provide phone references, reference letters and certificates of recognition
- Maintain SFU Co-Curricular records for student union executives (includes managing registration list, approving requests).
Personal and Professional Development Workshops
- Organize personal development workshops such as Standard First Aid, Food Safe, Financial Literacy and Student Governance