The Simon Fraser Student Society is seeking a undergraduate student chairperson to conduct the Summer 2014 meetings of the Simon Fraser Student Society Board of Directors. They will receive an honorarium of $75 per meeting.
Description: The Chair is responsible for convening and conducting meetings of the Simon Fraser Student Society Board of Directors using Roberts Rules of Orders and in adherence to the organization’s policies. Meetings during the summer semester take place weekly on Tuesdays from 3 30 – 5 30 pm. Meetings will normally take place on the Burnaby Campus and run between 1 – 3 hours. Applicants must be available from 3 pm – 7 pm on Tuesdays for the summer
As per Bylaw 6.9a, external chairpersons is appointed for a term of one semester. The Chairperson for Summer 2014 would thus be appointed for a term ending August 31st, 2014.
Goal: To facilitate discussions and ensure adherence to Society by-laws and policies, as well as Roberts Rules of Order.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Strong working knowledge of Roberts Rules of Order Newly Revised 11th Edition
- Experience in meetings using Roberts Rules of Order
- Strong knowledge of SFSS Constitution, Policies, and By-laws
- Available for all meeting times
- Must be a member in good standing of the Simon Fraser Student Society as per Bylaw 2
- Familiarity with and past involvement in SFSS initiatives is an asset.
Compensation: As per R-13, the volunteer Chairperson is provided with an honorarium of $75 per meeting.
Application Process: Send your resume and a statement of interest email@example.com, indicating in the subject line that you are applying for the Chairperson position.
Applications must be received no later than noon on June 19th, 2014. The successful candidate will be ratified at the Board of Directors meeting of June 24th, 2014 and operate as chairperson from that point onward.