February 9, 2023
Your executive committee was hard at work this new year bringing you events like the Lunar New Year Celebration, First Year Orientations, and also tabled at this semester’s Clubs Day.
The following is a recap of this past months happenings:
- President attended the FASS Frenzy event to engage with students and also tabled at Clubs Days to help let students know what the SFSS does. Also participated in a radio interview with CJSF to advertise the upcoming elections and to talk about the position.
- VP Internal and Organizational Development Submitted the newly revised Spring 2023 Referenda Questions which made the items more digestible to students and make decision making for councillors easier in the future. Also participated in tabling for Clubs Days and the IEC elections information tables.
- VP Finance and Services worked with the SFU Esports association on opening the gaming lounge. The equipment is all ready and the opening date is now imminent. The council approved the financial transparency project and will present a draft policy to council in the coming weeks. For clubs, Interac E-Transfer reimbursements for club grants are in the works.
- VP External and Community Affairs gave out orientation packages for first year students in the SUB. Also attended various events such as Clubs Days, IEC elections tabling, Catch a Vybz by SOCA, and FASS Frenzy
- VP Equity and Sustainability tabled with the IEC to inform students about the upcoming elections. Also worked with SFU SOCA For February’s Black History Month Celebration. Upcoming events include the Nature Walk in collaboration with the VP External and Community Affairs and the Run for Students’ Mental Health with the VP Events and Student Affairs.
- VP Events and Student Affairs organized and hosted the first year orientation booth, Clubs Days tables, and the Lunar New Year Celebration. Also participated in tabling with the IEC to inform students on the upcoming elections. Currently planning events for Black History month and Valentines day for February. The VP Events and Student Affairs also interviewed with CJSF for information on the executive position.