The SUB offers a wide variety of spaces and services to the SFU student community:
Art, performance, and leisure:
- Gamer’s Lounge, located on the 2nd floor.
- Dance studio, located on the 2nd floor with a standard capacity of 25 people.
- 2 Rehearsal (music) booths, located on the 1st floor with a 2-person capacity each.
Dining and rest:
- Coffee shop, located on the 3rd floor.
- Community kitchen, located on the 2nd floor.
- Dining hall, located on the 2nd floor.
- Nap room, located on the 1st floor.
- Convenience store, located on the 2nd floor (coming soon)
Event, Meeting, and conference:
- Multi-use boardroom, located on the 4th floor with a 28-person standard capacity.
- Multi-use ballroom, located on the 5th floor with a 220-seat capacity.
- 14 meeting rooms with a 6-seat capacity each, all located on the 4th floor.
- 1 meeting room with a 10-seat capacity, located on the 4th floor.
- 1 team room with a 10-seat capacity, located on the 3rd floor.
- 2 meeting rooms with a 22-seat capacity each, equipped with video conference capabilities, located on the 2nd floor.
General Office (GO) Desk:
The GO desk is located on the 3rd floor and is the first point of contact for any queries related to the SUB.
SFU Student Groups:
These 8 student groups have allocated spaces at the SUB that support and provide resources and safe communities on campus. All of them are based on the 1st floor except SASS and SUS common rooms that are on the 3rd floor.
- Prayer space, located on the 2nd floor.
The SUB also hosts office spaces for the SFSS student-elected Board of Directors, located on the 4th floor and for the SFSS staff on the 3rd floor.
SFSS student-oriented services:
Located on the 2nd floor.
Located on the 3rd floor, the Student Advocacy Coordinator supports undergraduates at SFU in academic and non-academic matters by providing resources and options, in a confidential manner, to create a safe and respectful space for students and improving their overall university experience. This new office was launched in the fall of 2021 in response to student demand.
Located on the 3rd floor, The SFSS Student Centre is dedicated to serving the needs of clubs and student unions. The Member Services Coordinators and Assistants help these groups with anything ranging from room bookings and event planning, to funding and governance support.
The Student Centre also administers the free legal clinic and food bank certificate program, which are available to all SFSS members.
Located on the 2nd floor, Out On Campus is a department of the SFSS dedicated to supporting SFU’s LGBTQ+ students and their allies.
Located on the 2nd floor, is a department of the Simon Fraser Student Society committed to opposing all forms of oppression and offering a safe space for women inspired by a five-point mandate (Pro-feminist, Sex-positive, Trans & Intersex Inclusive, Pro-choice and Anti-racist).
View and download the SUB floorplans here.