Out On Campus is a department of the Simon Fraser Student Society dedicated to supporting SFU’s LGBTQIA2S+ (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer or Questioning, Intersex, Aromantic/Asexual, 2-Spirit and more) students and allies. All are welcome to use our space and access our services. We are funded by the SFSS and the Graduate Student Society and we are committed to building a more just and open world for LGBTQIA2S+ people of all intersections and walks of life, so anyone who shares this vision or would like to learn more about it is welcome to drop by!
We aim to:
- Provide you opportunities to learn more about LGBTQ+ culture, history, and issues, and help you grow as an advocate for the LGBTQ+ communities.
- Provide a nonjudgmental, trustworthy, and confidential space to express your sexual and gender identity freely, without fear of violence, exclusion, and identity policing.
- Connect you with local resources that aim to support LGBTQ+ communities manage their physical, mental, and sexual health.
- Make our space and events accessible. Please ask us for a copy of SFU’s inclusive events checklist to learn more about this.
- A safe and inclusive space for LGBTQ+ students and their allies
- A comprehensive and regularly-updated LGBTQ+ library
- Peer support and crisis referrals
- Free safer sex resources, sanitary products, and razors
- Free refreshments and kitchen facilities
- Informational resources: New! Resource Guide for 2SLGBTQIA+students, allies, and community at SFU
- Regular social, cultural, and educational programming
Hours and Location
9AM – 4PM, Monday to Friday
How to reach out to OOC