November 20, 2020
The four Independent Electoral Commission [IEC] Commissioners will be responsible for supporting the coordination of elections, by-elections, and referendums that adhere to all related policies, by-laws, and regulations of the Society. Click here to view the full job posting.
Description: The four Independent Electoral Commission [IEC] Commissioners will be responsible for supporting the coordination of elections, by-elections, and referenda that adhere to all related policies, by-laws, and regulations of the Society.
This is a temporary part time (minimum 8 hours and up to 28 hours per week) student position at a wage rate of $15.63 per hour. The term of employment will be from December 2020 to May 31, 2021.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Take direction from and support the IEC Chief Commissioner to ensure the Executive and Council elections and/or referenda are held in accordance with SFSS By-Laws and regulations.
2. Coordinate and conduct outreach campaigns to promote the SFSS elections and referenda.
3. Support the administration of complaints and inquiries related to the SFSS elections and referendum.
4. Support engagement initiatives and candidate debates as directed by the IEC Chief Commissioner.
5. Maintain office hours as directed by the IEC Chief Commissioner.
6. Other duties as required.
Required Skills and Experience:
1. The IEC Commissioner shall be an active member in good standing of the Society, except that no current member of or candidate for the Board, Council, Department Student Union or a Faculty Student Union may serve as a member of the IEC.
2. Strong written and verbal communication skills, organizational skills and attention to detail.
Desirable start date: As soon as possible
Posting Closes: December 6, 2020 (11:59 p.m.)
Applicants must be available to work Monday to Friday during regular office hours (between 7 am to 7 pm PT). Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Apply here: https://secure.collage.co/jobs/sfss/19357