Graphic Designer Assistant
The Graphic Designer Assistant will be providing support to the Simon Fraser Student Society Communications Department in developing the next generation of print and digital marketing and communication materials.
This is a designated assistant position scheduled at up to 24 hours per week. This is a unionized position with membership in Canadian Union of Public Employees (CUPE) Local 3338-5 at a wage rate of $14.87 per hour with additional benefits as defined in the Collective Agreement.
The Simon Fraser Student Society is an equal opportunity employer.
To support SFSS Communications Department under supervision of the Communications Coordinator.
Working Relationship(s)/Role in Organizational Structure:
The Graphic Designer Assistant will work in the Communications Office under the supervision of the Communications Coordinator. The Communications Office reports to the Executive Director.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and production of advertising, promotions, branded communications and materials, including print and digital materials.
- Manage digital assets in a web-based system, including gathering and tagging items.
- Manage photography and video footage assets.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Ability to follow direction; work independently as well as in a collaborative environment.
- Ability to prioritize working on multiple projects.
- Ability to manage multiple projects under challenging deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver and Flash.
- Understanding of digital asset management, including photography and video editing, post-production, editing and archiving.
- Understanding of visual brand identity and ability to interpret branding guidelines to materials across all channels.
- Passion for graphics and trends in design.
- Knowledge of preparing graphics for printing and production practices.
To apply, please submit your resume, cover letter, samples of your work and/or portfolio by email to firstname.lastname@example.org citing the position Graphic Designer Assistant in the subject line.
Acceptable file formats include MS Word documents or PDF files. For portfolio files, please provide a PDF document or a link. Unreadable files will be ignored. Resumes must be received no later than 12:00 pm (noon) on Jul 29th, 2015. Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted for interviews.