(Permanent Full Time – 70 hrs per pay period)
Description: The Communications Coordinator is responsible for coordinating the communications work of the Society, including materials design and production, media liaison, public relations strategies, planning, projects and website maintenance. Also, the Communications Coordinator assists in the administration of the Society’s Resource Office, its systems, records, and activities, and provides advice and support to the elected officials of theWorking Relationship(s)/Role in Organization: The Communications Coordinator reports to the Executive Director.
1. Coordinate and/or produce all communications material including media releases, newsletters, posters, brochures, media advertisements, promotional materials, business cards, letterhead, and other materials as required.
2. Provide communications and support for programs, services, activities and special projects.
3. Coordinate and oversee the timely, effective, and efficient production and delivery of the Society’s annual student handbook, including supervising temporary staff with respect to the sale of advertising.
4. Maintain and the Society’s websites, including producing, revising, organizing and posting content.
5. Develop and maintain up-to-date internal and external media contacts.
1. Work to ensure the Society’s goals, interests and direction are maintained and advanced, and maintain the confidentiality of the Society’s records, activities and affairs.
2. Administer, with other area staff, the Society’s Resource Office, including email lists, database, and equipment.
3. Prepare the annual budget submission for the Resource Office. Once approved, monitor and adjust expenditures as required to stay within the budget.
4. Act as a primary resource person for Society committees, including distributing agendas, materials, taking minutes, and
5. Maintain an up-to-date knowledge and understanding of the Society, its structures, priorities, policies, agreements,
Required Skills and Experience:
1. Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
2. Demonstrated skills in developing and launching effective social media campaigns.
3. Well-developed skills and experience in developing content for websites, advertisements and other
4. Experience using Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, html and css.
7. Ability to take verbatim minutes, compile records, and produce meeting reports and related documents
The Simon Fraser Student Society is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, email your resume, cover letter and sample portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org citing that you are applying for the SFSS Communications Coordinator position in the subject line. Acceptable file formats include MS Word documents or PDF files. Unreadable files will be ignored. Resumes and cover letters and portfolio samples must be received no later than 12:00 pm (noon) on October 7th, 2015. Only those invited for an interview will be contacted.