FOOD BANK PROGRAM
About the Program:
This program is for EMERGENCY NEED of food only. Please complete the form only if hunger is a pressing issue (to maintain food funds). This is a valuable and essential service to students, from students, and is intended to serve as an online food bank. Please remember to practice safety measures to aid in the battle against COVID-19. Additionally, attempt to visit as infrequently as possible without resorting to hoarding behaviour.
This food bank service is open for SFU Undergraduate students and FIC students ONLY. SFU Graduate Students are not eligible for this program.
Starting February 22, 2022, food vouchers must be picked up from the Student Centre, and will no longer be mailed out.
For each semester, you will only need to make ONE request. You will be given a one-time lump sum. You will not be able to make any more requests for the rest of the semester. Please fill out the websurvey here.
If you are in need, you can also refer to Embark’s Food Rescue Program at the Burnaby campus. Embark collects healthy yet imperfect-looking produce that does not meet the selling criteria of supermarket chains and redistributes it to the university community for free or by donation. Food is collected from Nesters Market and distributed at SFU Burnaby at Embark’s Learning Garden, on the south side of TASC1.
If hunger remains an issue for you, please contact your local food bank in the meantime. You can visit https://foodbank.bc.ca/find-food/locations/ to find a food bank that will be able to assist you.
FREE LEGAL CLINIC
We are proceeding with legal clinic meetings by phone during the regularly scheduled times. Notarizations at the lawyer’s office may be requested. To book an appointment, please fill out the form on this page.
OUT ON CAMPUS
- You can stay in touch with SFU’s LGBTQ+ communities on our new Discord server, which can be accessed by any SFU/FIC student at https://discord.gg/yqjTYk
- Many of our events will move to Discord, including LGBTea, The Game Agenda, and Movie Screenings. As well, you’ll be seeing some new events there, including a Breakfast Club and Netflix viewing parties
- Our peer support has moved from Lipsi to Discord, where you can access support from other students as well as OOC staff
- Our newsletters will have an increased focus on good news items, webinars available to support wellbeing, and ways to support and connect with our online community. You can sign up here: http://eepurl.com/gD58Ib
For the most up-to-date information, please visit the StudentCare website.
- View the COVID-19 Women’s Centre resources here.
- Connect with the community (SFU students of all gender) through Discord: https://discord.gg/uyMFHTH
- We will be working with Health and Counselling, as well as SVSPO, for online services to the community. Stay tuned for updates.
- Feel free to contact the Athena, the Women’s Centre coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org for the following:
- Research services. Email Athena if you’re looking for specific resources in your area.
- Emotional support/referrals. These are usually conducted by zoom and Skype but phone calls can be arranged as well.
- “Ask a gardener” Q&A for new gardeners.
- Help with job searching, editing your resume and cover letters, and improving your interview skills.
- We are working on setting up multiplayer online games (suggestions are encouraged) and hosting zoom study/chat sessions with students. Reach out to Athena if you’re interested.
For the most up to date information please visit: https://www.sfu.ca/students/upass.html
If you have any questions or problems setting up your U-Pass BC, please contact the SFU U-Pass BC office at email@example.com or 778.782.6930.