Effective April 1, 2020 until further notice
While the SFSS operates virtually, cheque requisitions from vendors, clubs and student unions must be submitted via email as there is no drop-off option available. For expenses prior to April 30, 2020, cheque requisitions are to be completed and submitted before May 4, 2020.
- The SFSS finance office requires a completed and approved cheque requisition and clear invoices in order to process payments. Please submit your cheque requisitions via email. Scanned copies or photos of invoices are acceptable. The submitter must send clear scans or photos with totals to their usual approver (see the guidelines below).
- Clubs and Student Union requisitions must include an Event Summary Form, if it is associated with a grant request (Summary and Reimbursement Request)
- For student unions, minutes approving reimbursements to members must be included.
- Complete cheque requisition. Forms must include a mailing address.
- Send the completed form via email, to the usual approver:
- Clubs send cheque requisitions to the SFSS Student Centre (email@example.com),
- Student Unions send forms to MSC – Unions & Groups (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Receipts may be scanned or photographed, and attached to the email. The entire receipt must be included.*
- Please limit attachments to 5 receipts/invoices per email. If you have a large reimbursement, please send additional emails with reference to your cheque requisition (ex. subject part 1/2, subject part 2/2).
- Send one cheque requisition per email so that supporting documentation is attached to the correct form.
Failure to follow the guidelines may result in the delay of processing payments.
*Note: Please hold onto the original receipts, invoices and documents that are submitted with the Cheque Requisition Forms for 2 years. The originals may be helpful in the event the scanned copies are not clear, and need to be presented at a later date. The receipts may also need to be presented upon the request of the SFSS Finance Coordinators and or external auditors.
GRANTS AND FUNDING
At the time the items and categories to be approved will be reviewed on a month to month basis and will be in line with the government recommendations regarding COVID-19 best practices at that time. We are unable to approve any retroactive purchases (purchased before the grant was approved).
Clubs Resource Funding and Petty Cash:
- At this time the utilization of Resource Funding and Petty Cash for Clubs will remain the same.
Student Unions and Groups Core Funding:
- Core funds will carry over by request only. These requests will be reviewed on a case by case basis. Please email email@example.com to look into your specific situation.
EMERGENCY ASSISTANCE FUND
At the April 1st, 2020 Simon Fraser Student Society (SFSS) Board of Directors (BoD) meeting, the BoD passed a motion to contribute $150,000 to establish the Simon Fraser Student Society Emergency Assistance Fund. Learn more here.
The Simon Fraser Student Society contributed $60,000 to establish the Emergency Assistance Fund for Fraser International College in early May. Learn more here. The applications are now open for students.