August 25, 2021
As we prepare for an in-person return to campus this Fall Semester, there will be some changes to our services that you should be aware of. Starting September 14, the following changes will be in place:
- The Student Centre, now located in the Student Union Building (SUB) 3000 level, will be open Tuesdays from 10:00am-4:00pm (except for Statutory Holidays) for in-person visits. You can drop by if you have any inquiries. These are temporary service hours and we will continue to increase our service levels back to normal levels as the opening of the SUB progresses.
- Cheque requisition forms must be submitted in person at the Student Centre in the SUB. We will no longer be accepting cheque requisitions via email after September 14. That was only a temporary measure allowed during COVID, but for auditing purposes, we must return to physical paper receipts and forms.
- Executives may receive cash reimbursements of $20 and under at the Student Centre again.
- Executives with fund/facilities authorities may deposit money into their trust accounts in person. Cash, debit, and cheques are accepted. Mailed cheques are still allowed, but we recognize that this is not the preferred method for many groups.
- Executives can pick up their club/student union/constituency group related mail from the Student Centre in the SUB (Tuesdays from 10:00am-4:00pm)
- The administration of grant funding will remain the same. We are temporarily allowing the same level of funding offered for virtual events in case groups still want to continue with virtual rather than in-person events. Any changes to the funding will be announced.
- Executives with room-booking authority may submit booking requests through the club/student union portals to book space at SFU (this does not include bookings in the SUB).
- Bookings are subject to the SFSS In-Person Event Guidelines.
- Please note that any requests requiring Facilities Services must be submitted over 2 weeks in advance.
- The conference rooms in MBC are no longer available to be booked through the Student Centre.
- The club lockers in the Rotunda and Forum Chambers will no longer be available. If you have not yet picked up your belongings from your old locker, please do so. The old lockers will be removed in October. The lockers in the SUB will be allocated to clubs and student unions at a later date.
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.