Internal/External Job Posting
Build SFU Minute Taker / Administrative Assistant
Description: The Build SFU Minute Taker / Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing secretarial and administrative support to the Build SFU General Manager, department coordinators, and project committees in the form of providing effective organizational scheduling, committee agenda preparation, minuting and other tasks that may be assigned.
This is a temporary part time position scheduled at up to 21 hours per week. This temporary position will end on April 30th, 2015, but may be extended. This is a unionized position with membership in Canadian Union of Public Employees (CUPE) Local 3338-5 at a wage rate of $14.65 per hour with additional benefits as defined in the Collective Agreement.
The Simon Fraser Student Society is an equal opportunity employer.
Goal: To support the work of the Build SFU project and its General Manager and other Build SFU staff as indicated in the description above.
Working Relationship(s) Role in Organizational Structure: The Build SFU Minute Taker / Administrative Assistant works with and reports to the Build SFU General Manager and Build SFU Administrative Coordinator and works in conjunction with other Student Society staff. The staff of the Build SFU office report to the Student Society Executive Director and SFSS Building Committee which report to the Board of Directors.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare agendas for Build SFU committees, working groups, and other meetings as required
- Attend, record and transcribe minutes of Build SFU committees, working groups, and other meetings as required.
- Format, edit, print, compile and upload minutes to the Build SFU website in a timely fashion.
- Maintain confidentiality of topics discussed in closed meetings and of documents emanating from and relating to closed meetings.
- Maintain meeting schedules and committee compositions on the Build SFU website.
- Schedule meetings of the Build SFU committees, working groups, and other meetings as directed ensuring that the appropriate facilities, rooms and equipment are booked as required.
- Track and compile decisions of Build SFU committees and forward to the Build SFU General Manager.
- Track and compile media articles and other content relating to the Build SFU project.
- Assist and report to the Build SFU General Manager and Administrative Coordinator regarding administrative tasks assigned.
- Other duties as directed.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite, Mac and PC.
- Familiarity with photocopying and scanning equipment.
- Excellent transcription, writing and word processing skills.
- Ability to take detailed minutes in summary or verbatim format, as required.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a self-supervisory, multi-task environment, within clear timelines.
- Experience taking and producing minutes in a timely fashion.
- Typing speed of approximately 65 words per minute.
- Administrative ability and experience.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks.
- Ability to work independently and with initiative.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Open Source CMS editing beneficial but not required.
- Knowledge of and interest in issues confronting SFU undergraduate students.
- An understanding of the role of a Student Society.
- Experience in a non-profit, membership-based board/committee driven organization.
- Experience with Robert’s Rules of Order.
To apply, email your resume, cover letter and availability to firstname.lastname@example.org citing that you are applying for the SFSS Build SFU Minute Taker / Administrative Assistant position in the subject line. Acceptable file formats include MS Word documents or PDF files. Unreadable files will be ignored.
Resumes must be received no later than 12:00 pm (noon) on Monday, October 27th, 2014.
Only applicants who are selected for interviews will be contacted.