RIGHT NOW: VOTING PERIOD
The 2018 Simon Fraser Student Society (SFSS) General Election Voting Period is Now Open
Having received this email, you are eligible to vote in the SFSS General Election and Referendum 2018. This email is your link to your electronic ballots. Follow the instructions that are listed below carefully, and have your say in the future of the Simon Fraser Student Society.
To learn about the candidate platforms and referendum questions visit the SFSS Elections Website (http://sfss.ca/elections/elections/candidate-platforms/).
The 2018 SFSS General Election and Referendum is comprised of 9 electronic ballots. This email contains 9 links to each of the 9 different ballots.
You are eligible to cast Ballot 1, and may be eligible to cast additional ballots depending on your registration and membership status. To ensure you have participated fully in the election and referendum, please click on each individual link and follow the instructions to determine your eligibility for each ballot.
- Ballot for the SFSS Executive Directors and At-Large Directors
- Ballot for the position of SFSS Faculty Representative Director – Faculty of Applied Sciences
- Ballot for the position of SFSS Faculty Representative Director – Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
- Ballot for the position of SFSS Faculty Representative Director – Faculty of Business
- Ballot for the position of SFSS Faculty Representative Director – Faculty of Communication, Art, and Technology
- Ballot for the position of SFSS Faculty Representative Director – Faculty of Education
- Ballot for the position of SFSS Faculty Representative Director – Faculty of Environment
- Ballot for the position of SFSS Faculty Representative Director – Faculty of Health Sciences
- Ballot for the position of SFSS Faculty Representative Director – Faculty of Science
If you have any questions, please contact the Chief Commissioner of the SFSS Independent Electoral Commission at email@example.com.
Every year, the student-elected Board is dedicated to improving the undergraduate experience at SFU. The Directors are responsible for engaging with members to find out what they need, setting the course to meet those needs, and determining whether their needs have been met.
Every election and referendum will be comprised of six (6) periods:
- Notice of Election and Referendum Period (February 5 – 18, 2018)
- Candidate Nomination and Referendum Submission Period (February 19 – March 4, 2018)
- Campaign Period (March 5 – 19, 2018)
- Voting Period (March 20 – 22, 2018)
- Post-Election Period
Prior to the Notice of Election, at least one month’s notice must be provided of an election or referenda to ensure the appointment of a full Independent Electoral Commissioner (IEC).
Why you should run for a Board position:
- This amazing leadership role provides opportunities to directly influence change on campus
- You’ll be representing 25,000+ undergraduates
- These are PAID positions
There are 16 vacancies for the Board of Directors of the SFSS that must be filled, these being:
- VP Finance
- VP External Relations
- VP University Relations
- VP Student Services
- VP Student Life
- Two At-Large Representatives
- Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences Representative
- Faculty of Science Representative
- Faculty of Applied Sciences Representative
- Faculty of Business Representative
- Faculty of Environment Representative
- Faculty of Education Representative
- Faculty of Communication, Art & Technology Representative
- Faculty of Health Sciences Representative
All members of the SFSS must be given every reasonable opportunity to submit themselves as nominees to a position on the Board of Directors or submit referendum question for consideration on the upcoming ballot.
Proposed candidates will be deemed eligible to run in a Society election where they meet the eligibility criteria, submit a complete Nomination Package, and attend a candidate orientation. For more information on how to submit the Nomination Package, see NP-3: Nomination Submission and Review in the SFSS Elections and Referenda Policies.
All nominees to a position on the Board of Directors are required to attend one of the scheduled candidate orientation.
Have a question? Contact the IEC at firstname.lastname@example.org