RIGHT NOW: POST-ELECTION PERIOD
Every year, the student-elected Board is dedicated to improving the undergraduate experience at SFU. The Directors are responsible for engaging with members to find out what they need, setting the course to meet those needs, and determining whether their needs have been met.
Every election and referendum will be comprised of six (6) periods:
- Notice of Election and Referendum Period (February 5 – 18, 2018)
- Candidate Nomination and Referendum Submission Period (February 19 – March 4, 2018)
- Campaign Period (March 5 – 19, 2018)
- Voting Period (March 20 – 22, 2018)
- Post-Election Period
Prior to the Notice of Election, at least one month’s notice must be provided of an election or referenda to ensure the appointment of a full Independent Electoral Commissioner (IEC).
Why you should run for a Board position:
- This amazing leadership role provides opportunities to directly influence change on campus
- You’ll be representing 25,000+ undergraduates
- These are PAID positions
There are 16 vacancies for the Board of Directors of the SFSS that must be filled, these being:
- VP Finance
- VP External Relations
- VP University Relations
- VP Student Services
- VP Student Life
- Two At-Large Representatives
- Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences Representative
- Faculty of Science Representative
- Faculty of Applied Sciences Representative
- Faculty of Business Representative
- Faculty of Environment Representative
- Faculty of Education Representative
- Faculty of Communication, Art & Technology Representative
- Faculty of Health Sciences Representative
All members of the SFSS must be given every reasonable opportunity to submit themselves as nominees to a position on the Board of Directors or submit referendum question for consideration on the upcoming ballot.
Proposed candidates will be deemed eligible to run in a Society election where they meet the eligibility criteria, submit a complete Nomination Package, and attend a candidate orientation. For more information on how to submit the Nomination Package, see NP-3: Nomination Submission and Review in the SFSS Elections and Referenda Policies.
All nominees to a position on the Board of Directors are required to attend one of the scheduled candidate orientation.
Have a question? Contact the IEC at email@example.com